Sunday, July 25, 2010

Night out at CDG airport (Paris)

I have always hated writing those essays growing up on topics such as "an hour at a railway station" and related topics. Ironically, here I am stuck with my wife for the whole night at the Charles De Gaulle airport at Paris trying to kill time. Fortunately for me they have internet connection here, which should make the night go by like a minute. After all, for most internet users, Internet these days is pretty much like Cocaine to the Junkies. If you are not one of those internet users that I am talking about, what the hell are you doing reading this post of mine anyway? ;)

I was on a business trip to visit some of our partner companies here in Paris, France. My Wife decided to join me on this trip given her open schedule after her exams that coincidentally finished on the day before our day of departure - good for her she could really join me on this trip - good for me too as well :). Do you really think that the trip would be fun without the healthy arguments between me and my wife in regards to everything we do during our time together? So, after completing the business part of my visit, we decided to fly to Rome, Italy to spend 2 nights, 3 days and do some sight seeing. Site seeing if you ask, we got plenty of just that. No offense to my Italian American friends, Italy now it seemed is a place for thieves. I mean in just 72 hours that we were there, we witnessed 2 attempts on us to steal stuff. To top it off, one of my friends who had visited Italy before had similar experiences and thank god he had shared his story before we went there.

We arrived at Rome Airport on 23rd and caught a direct metro train to the heart of the city (Republicca region). We stayed at the Best Western (Mondial), which was kinda nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment